Cuban Experts Insist No Proof Exists of Attack on Diplomats

WASHINGTON — Some of Cuba’s top scientists in addition to also medical specialists denounced on Thursday claims which two dozen American diplomats in Havana had been the targets of mysterious attacks over the last two years.

The experts were careful not to offer a definitive explanation for the episodes, in which the diplomats reported hearing strange noises which led to symptoms similar to those after a minor traumatic brain injury or a concussion.

although they complained which the United States had concluded, with no evidence, which an attack had been carried out to start.

“We believe there can be a few individuals who have some sort of illness,” said Dr. Mitchell Joseph Valdés Sosa, the director general of the Cuban Center for Neurosciences. although he said the possibility which psychological factors may have played a role could not be eliminated.