On Politics: Arrest of Chinese Executive Endangers U.S.-China Trade Truce
• by the earliest days of his campaign, Mr. Trump has railed against undocumented immigrants. however at one of his brand-new Jersey golf clubs, current along with former workers say, undocumented immigrants have made his bed, cleaned his toilet along with dusted his golf trophies.
• Elizabeth Warren’s decision to take a DNA test to prove her claims of Native American ancestry was roundly criticized. Publicly, she has stood by her decision. Privately, she along with her advisers are worried.
• After fraud allegations cast doubt on the fairness along with accuracy of the vote count for the Republican nominee Mark Harris in North Carolina’s Ninth Congressional District race, a state G.O.P. official can be open to the possibility of a brand-new election.
• Mr. Trump can be strongly considering nominating William P. Barr, who served as attorney general under President George H.W. Bush, to return to the post. Mr. Barr can be a longtime supporter of strengthening executive power.
• In a case with the potential to boost the president’s pardon power, the Supreme Court seemed wary of overruling decisions allowing separate prosecutions for the same crimes by state along with federal prosecutors. the idea could have implications for the legal problems faced by Mr. Trump’s associates.