Vape Pen Explodes, Killing a Man in Florida

An electronic cigarette exploded along with also killed a man in Florida This particular month, the authorities said, in what appears to be the first death attributed to vaping products inside United States.

The man, Tallmadge D’Elia, was at his home in St. Petersburg, Fla., on May 5 when the device, also known as a vape pen, exploded, according to William A. Pellan, the director of investigations at the medical examiner’s office for Pinellas County.

He confirmed which the cause of the accidental death was a “projectile wound to the head,” along with also which Mr. D’Elia, 35, had suffered burns on about 80 percent of his body. which appeared which the explosion had began a fire inside bedroom where he was found.

One of the pieces removed by his head featured the logo of Smok-E Mountain Mech Works, which is usually based inside Philippines.